Friday, September 14, 2007

Three Weeks Ago Today

Three weeks ago today I stood in the emergency room and heard how serious George's (Irvin's)head injury was, and I did not know if he would live or die. Tonight as I got ready to come home from the hospital he reached for my hand and prayed. A moment to remember for the rest of my lifetime!

The physical therapist told me he has met all of the goals that were set for him in physical therapy, so he is dismissed from that phase of the treatment. The P.T. said that they have walked outside, over curbs and all around, and when they came back in and climbed five flights of stairs, George wore him out. I could have told the P.T. that after climbing all those stairs in the Procurement Office building for 10 years, George probably could have made it all the way to the seventh floor -- top of the building!

Now his treatment will concentrate on speech therapy. His speaking improves every day. They told me to be at the hospital Monday morning to get information from the speech therapist, and they will probably dismiss him on Tuesday -- a day earlier than they had thought. I didn't tell him that, because I didn't want him to start packing up his things tonight.

Helen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! We are rejoicing with you tonight! We are counting down the days with you until you have your other half home with you!
All our Love,
Frances, Mark, Kate and Adam

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! I just can't say it enough! The kids are itching to come give him hugs again! Tell him we love him and will see him soon!!!
Veda and kids